Is a Little Angels Hearing Dog Right for Me?
In order to receive a Hearing Dog from Little Angels, you must:
- Be deaf or hard of hearing with documentation from your doctor supporting your disability.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to be consistent with a dog regarding training exercises.
- Have a love for dogs.
- Have patience to work through problems (even a trained dog is still a dog).
- Have finances to provide your dog with veterinary care and maintenance for the next 10-12 years.
- Be willing to travel to San Diego, California or Bartlett, New Hampshire for handler training with your child and at least one additional adult to provide child care while you are in your lessons
If a pet isn't what you are looking for, consider applying for a service dog. Our 'Apply for a Service Dog' page goes into extreme detail about the process and will help you decided what path is right for you!
To submit an application select the link below. A non-refundable fee of $30.00 will be charged to ensure the commitment level of each applicant.