Is an Autism Assistance Dog Right for My Child?
In order to receive an Autism Assistance Dog from Little Angels, you must:
- Have a child with autism to the extent that the disability hinders the aspects of day-to-day life.
- Be willing to be the handler and leader of the dog for your child. Your child cannot handle the dog alone.
- Have a family that loves dogs.
- Have patience to work through problems (even a trained dog is still a dog).
- Have finances to provide your dog with veterinary care and maintenance for the next 10-12 years.
- Be willing to travel to San Diego, California or Bartlett, New Hampshire for handler training with your child and at least one additional adult to provide child care while you are in your lessons.
If a pet isn't what you are looking for, considering apply for a service dog. Our 'Apply for a Service Dog' page goes into extreme detail about the process and will help you decided what path is right for you!
To submit an application select the link below. A non-refundable fee of $30.00 will be charged to ensure the commitment level of each applicant.